Sunday 11 September 2011

Penis Cupcakes / Wedding Cake

Last night was my best friend's bachlorette party. As the maid of honour I organized a lil pre-party get together at her place (closer to the night's destinations). The usual taco dip made an appearance. Georgette (bridesmaid and sister to the groom) brought some veggies and dip, broccoli in the taco dip = awesome. In the tradition of penis everything at a bachlorette party I made penis cupcakes. I used the same recipe from my wedding cake. It's the only cake/cupcake recipe I know, and it's ultra easy, you just need the proper moulds, courtesy of Krista Rey.


1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
3/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup soy milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup veg oil
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Mix the wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix the wet into the dry until smooth. Fill the greased penis moulds a lil more than half full. I put a bit too much in the moulds and it only made 10 instead of 12. Bake for 15-20 mins.












While the cupcakes are baking or cooling, make up the fleshy icing. Apparently I kinda blew this part....not enough icing sugar. I've adjust the measurements to correct that I hope, but if it's still running off the cupcakes, just had some more icing sugar until it's thick.

3 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup softened vegan margarine
1/4 cup soy milk
1 drop red food colouring
7-9 drops yellow food colouring



Whisk all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until smooth. Add in more icing sugar and yellow food colouring until you get the right consistency and colour. Let the cupcakes cool for a least hour before applying the icing. 










Whether for a wedding or naughty party, cake or cupcake, these are a delicious treat. If your not making the icing coloured, you could add a tsp of vanilla extract, or the clear kind if you have it. On behalf of Destini's bridal party, and all her friends, I hope you had a night to remember (not to regret, lol ;) ) and congratulations!! Love you both!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha great post Jen!!!