Sunday 21 August 2011

Getting Moving: The Bowel Massage

This past week my sister and I's roles were reversed. She was taken to hospital on Monday for severe abdominal pain. What the what??? That's my territory. I have to say being on the other side, seeing your loved one in pain in a hospital bed and not knowing what's going on, SUCKS! Anyways, she's home now, recovering from an appendectomy. The surgery, pain meds, and week of IV fluid left her with a very bloated belly. As I was showing her the bowel massage to help relieve the pressure I realized I haven't talked to you about it's wonders. The bowel or colonic massage is a wonderful method of self massage for getting those stubborn bowels moving, breaking up blockages and relieving gut pressure. I was looking online late last night for some YouTube videos and learned something I didn't know about this technique. I was always under the impression that it was only for IBS:C sufferers; moving an immobile bowel. However, as you will hear in this video, it can also be used for the IBS sufferer who has too many movements. Please take a look if you aren't not already familiar it, and remember it is up to you to look after your own health.

Happy tummies :)

No comments: