Wednesday 6 July 2011

Salad Days

I've been in a bit of a food rut the last few days. It's too hot to want to make food, or eat it for that matter. Life's also been a bit busy, so the grocery situation is not too great. But these are all lame excuses for falling off the wagon. I'm not sure I'm quite back on track yet, but here's what I ate for dinner tonight. Nothing too fancy, just pieced together from what was still in the house

 Some lettuce from my mother's garden (O SO FRESH) & some baby carrots

Frozen, quick cooking falafel balls

 Chop em up

Toss in some pumpkin seeds, sprinkle on some ground flax, wheat germ (high in iron), & touch of vegan parmesan

 A quick dressing of equal parts olive oil & balsamic vinegar,  a sprinkle of rosemary & lots of oregano

Mix it up and eat!

No comments: