Thursday 2 June 2011

Parfait Disaster

Last night I prepared a batch of overnight oats to make one of OSG's breakfast parfaits. In my excitement I may have misjudged my choice of complimenting ingredients. For those of you who have never seen these I will explain. The basic overnight oats consists of rolled oats, soy milk, chia seeds, a mashed banana and vanilla extract, soaked together in the fridge overnight. In the morning, after its thickened up, you can layer it with things such as banana soft serve, seed butter, granola, berries, etc. I used berries and soft serve, not thinking about how much raw fruit this was for first thing in the morning. I ate about 1/2 of it before thinking this is going to be bad.

 It may look tasty but don't be fooled!


About 1 minute before I was to walk out the door to catch my bus, I suddenly realized I was going to need to be crumbled up on the floor NOW.  After lets say 10mins laying on the bathroom floor trying to discern whether or not I was going to vomit, I stood up long enough to make some peppermint tea for the pain, then I was back on the floor.


Gently sipping on the tea, having a mental argument whether or not I would be able to get to work, the pain and nausea slowly subsided. Now an hour after I was supposed to leave for work I re-checked the buses and managed to force myself out the door. In the end I was very proud of myself for not letting a bad attack, especially first thing, hold me back. I got to work an hour late, and admittedly still felt crumby and foggy, but I made it through the day! YA me!! :)

**UPDATE: I tried making the overnight oats again and just sprinkling a bit of Holy Crap cereal and maple syrup on top. Still bad!!! Not as painful as with the overload of fruit, but still bad. Crossing this off the list. **

No comments: