Wednesday 1 June 2011

Yummy, not exactly breakfast bars

On the last day of my vacation (this past Sunday) I was looking for a breakfast recipe to try that was something I wouldn't normally make during the week. I found this recipe on www.vegweb.com for oatmeal breakfast bars. They are far too yummy for breakfast, they're more of a dessert or afternoon with coffee treat.

I may have had two today with my late morning coffee...

2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup softened vegan margarine

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix oatmeal, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cranberries, sunflower seeds and honey. Add softened vegan margarine and mix thoroughly. 
 Place mixture in a 8" or 9" square pan and pat down firmly to flatten the surface.
Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely then cut into bars.

That's my favourite mug my friend Krista bought me in Disney World or Land...
It's huge, just how I like it

1 comment:

Destini said...

Those look delish. I love making bars. YUMMMY