Friday 10 June 2011

Pie-Day Friday

For a while now my husband and I have occasionally participated in a little known tradition called Pie-Day Friday. Brought to our attention by the lovely Courtney Gilchrist, this holiday of sorts involves homemade pizzas for a Friday night dinner, usually with wine. In the past we've gone down to DeLucas to buy fresh made doughs, sauces, (meat for the boy) & fresh veggie toppings. Then this past Friday (and tonight, round 2) I've made gluten-free dough at home for me, and let the boy fend for himself at Superstore. Now I searched around and found what looked like a great recipe, but I did not have just one of the ingredients (agar agar), and at the time all the specialty store that may carry it were closed. Luckily, the "good" Safeway had a package of Bob's Red Mill's Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix.


This is the full recipe, but admittedly the mix was pretty darn convenient.


 The dough needs to sit and rise for 20mins, the saran rose too

 My masterfully shaped crust

Bake it without toppings for 7 mins





 I didn't have any Daiya mozza, but I put a bit of vegan Parmesan

Just a light refreshing cooking snack this time


Cats like pizza too!

Like I said, the wine is usually an important part of any successful Pie-Day Friday
Enjoy!





No comments: