Saturday 28 May 2011

A Breakfast & a Snack

I was browsing through my favourite food blog and was inspired by a decadent breakfast she had posted. It was a apple pie oatmeal maple thingy... I toned it down a little, made my own version, not quite as sweet, but totally delicious.

I started with some quick oats...emphasis on the quick...and an ambrosia apple

1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup soy milk
1/2 an apple chopped with peel

Did you ever cut apple vertically to get the star shape & paint it to use as a stamp??? Just me?

a teaspoon of cinnamon & nuke for 3-4 mins

Maybe you should throw a paper towel over it

Super yummy and filling. The apples get nicely cooked in the mic
You could add syrup if you wanted but I found it plenty sweet with just the apples and cinnamon

I know I introduced the suave Falkor before; this is his mistress Ms. Espy (short for Esperenza)
She has kitty IBS, I'm pretty sure. Look at the bloated belly.

Since I had 1/2 and apple left from this breakfast, I decided to make a trail mix to munch on throughout the day

I took one handful each:
Soynuts
Pumpkin seeds
Sunflower seeds
dried cranberries
raisins
4 prunes, chopped
And the leftover apple choppped
 
Since my sunflower seeds were not toasted, I baked them with the apple at 300F for 20mins

Tossed it all together (after letting the apple cool) and you have a high energy healthy snack for the day
on the go or at home

*In retrospect I would not have used the soynuts, the moisture from the fruit made them get a bit soft after a few hours...ick*








No comments: