Thursday 26 May 2011

Colonics & Tea

WARNING: The following blog is not suitable for all readers. Contains poo talk & other gross topics. Reader discretion advised.

Yes I, Jennifer Cooper, had a colonic this week. I had been meaning to try this form of cleansing for some time, thinking how great could this be for a backed up bowel? I had originally planned on going to my naturopath's clinic, since I was familiar with the place, however they no longer offer the service (the technician left). I did a Google search and started calling around. The first place I called, did not offer much information (there was definitely a language barrier) and after looking at the office on Google street view (sketchy :S) I called another place on my list Organic Therapy. Jasmine (the owner) suggested coming in for a consultation first. Not gunna lie... I found the first meeting a bit off putting. She was burning intensely for our full hour consultation about all the changes I was going to have to make to my habits and supplements, teas, etc. EESH I only wanted my bum cleaned out! LOL. Anyways, in the end I realized she's just looking at my overall total health and how we can repair my body, which is a great thing. In the time between the consultation and the appointment for the colon irrigation. I tried working some of her suggestions in. Cutting down my gluten (well she said completely cut it out) trying some new tummy teas like marshmallow root, veggie juices (specifically something with beet, cucumber &/or celery in it) and switching from tap to filtered water.

Tuesday the 24th, the big day. I'll try to spare you some of the details... I watched as she laid down fresh disposable sheets on the bed and unpacked a fresh disposable tube thingy (the part that goes up) Jasmine was very professional and made me feel at ease. She did several "flushes" (filling the large intestine with water and releasing) She uses warm filtered water, and it all comes out through a tube connected to a drain, so no smelling of anything nasty. As someone who has never had anything inserted into her rectum, it was not as bad as I was anticipating. Not exactly pleasant, but tolerable. When it was all done I felt light, refreshed, and relieved. In three weeks she wants me back in to see how I'm progressing and for another cleanse.

 Marshmallow tea... I'm getting used to the taste & enjoying the pleasant feeling in my gut

My fancy new filter water bottle, $9.99 at Superstore. 
Fill up wherever you are and it filters it as you drink. Isn't that neat?!

I hope you enjoyed today's blog and consider getting your guts cleaned out too!

No comments: