Thursday 5 May 2011

Lazy Meal

Pretty much the second I get in the door at the end of the day, I'm hungry! So while I'm cookng I need a snack. Since my initial discovery of Ryvita crackers, I've come across many flavours. Muesli crunch is my current favourite, with soynut butter! 2 of those is just enough to quiet my tummy without spoiling my appetite.


Quinoa is a great basic, easy dish, that can be done in numerous ways for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Tonight's feeling like a lazy night, so I made mine with some leeks, soy sauce and a bit of tumeric.

 I threw in the chopped leeks halfway through the cooking time

Poured on some soy sauce, sprinkled with tumeric, & done!

Try making up a big batch of plain quinoa to save in the fridge for quick meals. You can add almost anything depending on the mood of your tummy. The other day I had some for breakfast with raspberries and maple syrup. Yum yum!

Along with my quinoa I wanted some snacky finger food. I almost went for the fries in the freezer, with some kind of dip involving tofutti sour "cream", but better sense (and the fact I couldn't come up with the dip recipe) prevailed. I found a quick and easy recipe for edamame dip on About.com. Now, my handy individual sized freezer packs of edamame beans were not enough for the full recipe, so I halved it. I also left out the parsley, just because I'm not a big fan... not because we didn't have any...

 Big box of individual portioned packs, oh yeah!

 Yup big mountain of shells, and only 1/2 the recipe

Serve with toasted whole wheat pitas :)

I ended everything off with soy vanilla ice cream with blueberries

Goodnight :)

No comments: